Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just so it's out of the way right off, and you aren't wondering about it for the whole entry, I DID practice yesterday, nearly 45 minutes, and tunes that we were asked to play at band practice last night.

Handson Husband's dear family has arrived en masse at our house for 2 baptisms and a sealing on Saturday. I love them dearly, but they are pretty intimidating, even singly, and there are 7 of them, so I am trying to be invisible and am letting HH handle things that involve schedule, food, sleeping arrangements and entertainment. So far it has been easy as they have been out Doing Things. However, now that Sister-in-law #2 has arrived with her 4 kids (did I mention that I love them dearly?), I don't know that it will be so easy, as Phoebe and Small Son are thick as thieves when together, so they may be hanging around and playing a lot this afternoon. I don't know for sure, as I'm not involved in Scheduling. Maybe they will Go Out and Do Something after school. This evening they are going to Provo to a BYU football game (at least some of them) and I have a RS meeting so I won't be seeing them much.

But anyway, band practice. Our house has 6 beds and 3 Spaces on Couches for Sleeping Bodies. That leaves 3 people without a place to sleep. Luckily, 4 of them are kids that don't mind sleeping on floors in sleeping bags, and they brought their own sleeping bags . . .

What? Oh, band practice. Well, we had to play through the medley lots of times, and somebody was not keeping time with everybody else and Pipey got pretty angry that we were less good at the jig than we were last week . . . Also, we have seats in the kitchen for 9 people, and there are 12 total, so again that leaves 3 people without a place to eat . . .

So what did we do? To what? Oh, band practice!!! The medley. Well, we went over and over the jig and Pipey threatened to pull it and change it for another one. I don't like the jig, anyway, but I don't want to learn another tune and now we have a whole month to practice before the next band practice. I did vacuum but the dogs constantly are losing hair, even in the dead of winter, so there's always hair everywhere and I'm hoping nobody's asthma gets set off . . .

What? Distracted? You're talking to me? Distracted from what? Oh yeah, band practice . . . Yeah, it could have been me who was not focusing. I was pretty much all the time counting beds and chairs instead of 4/4 time. I'll try and get in more practice time on pipes this month. After the family leaves.

No comments: