Thursday, December 6, 2007

My nephew Cuin has a birthday every year at the end of December. He's funny that way.

At some point in time, I made an apple pie for his family and he fell in love with it. Now for his birthday every year he wants me to make him a Birthday Apple Pie and forget the present. OK. I can handle that.

Yesterday, instead of resting on breaks from work, (or practicing or sleeping) I made an apple pie for Cuin. It 's the best crust I ever made. Now I just have to keep the family and dogs off it until Daughter #2 can take it home to him.

Oh, and did you also hear that I have been called as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society of our Ward? That would be Education Counselor. We had our first meeting last night. I'm very glad the president is a crazy lady, and that the meeting was full of laughter, but we did get things done. We have already have a funeral dinner to arrange for Saturday, which I had to beg off from, seeing as that is the day of the Two Baptisms and A Sealing that have been in the works for a month. At least only 32 people are expected, instead of 100 or so. And we had to tell some things about ourselves, as a sort of get-to-know-you thing and I mentioned that I played bagpipes. They were ecstatic! And very supportive of me getting to practice on Tuesday nights, and mostly Lessons on Thursday. The two organizations seem to both want me to participate in the other, so this may work.

No comments: