Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sometimes in life you wish you had a video on you. Last night was one of those nights.

It was band practice, for which I had not practiced much. You know. I actually did fairly well during the first (piping) part which, on the one hand, is not a good thing because it lulls me into a (false) sense of security and an "I don't have to practice because I'm so good anyway" kind of attitude. Never good. On the other hand, I'm not the one messing up and getting "yelled" at by Pipey, which is a good thing. (For the record, he never actually yells, but he speaks to you.)Then, at PC time, we did so horribly on the jig, Farewell to the Tay, that each of us had to do it individually. There was a lot of rushing in the second part on the runs. I watched the drummer and matched her.

I did it absolutely perfectly!!!I didn't even have to do it over again. He asked me if I wanted to, and I said, "I don't want to ruin a good thing." Got a laugh..

For the record, my incentives to practice are:
* band tryouts at the end of October
* competition the end of November
* my doctor has prescribed practicing every day for my health
* I have a very important gig to play in August 2010
* practicing every day keeps my pipes in tune, my stamina up, and breaks in my new reed.
* I improve my skills-

I need to make a poster of those.

No comments: