Sunday, September 30, 2007

After about 10 hours of sleep, I feel much better, but all that sleeping and church took up my whole day, very little time for practicing, and what there was of it was PC only.

Three months ago, when I went for my yearly physical, my doctor Sarah brought up the subject of weight loss. I need to lose about 30 pounds to get back to my high-school weight of about 4 children and 30 years ago. She asked me what I was doing as far as exercise. As I cast frantically around in my mind for what I could possibly call "exercise" in my current life, piping practice and the showers I have to take afterward to wash off the sweat occurred to me, so I mentioned I piped. "Good," she said. "Practice every day."Also, no more peanut M&M's. No more soda pop. One percent or skim milk, my favorite drink. Walk the dogs. And pipe every day.

How many of your doctors have encouraged you in your practicing? Mine is a great lady.

No comments: