Saturday, September 15, 2007

Yesterday I spent most of my practice time running down to the center to pick up my music. I managed to run through the MSR (translation: March-Strathspey-Reel, a set of tunes required for some competitions, in our case including also 3 other tunes, a jig, a slow air, and another march) one time before I had to get dinner.

The Reel: Brown Haired Maiden (theme song for brunettes everywhere) I definitely need to work more on the descending runs in this tune, as I keep speeding those parts of the tune up.

The Jig: Farewell to the Tay. Gotta work more on pipes on this one, and loosen up my deathgrip on the chanter so I can get the next note fast enough.

Marches: Corriechoillie's Welcome to the Northern Meeting and Teribus. Both doing well.

Slow Air: Summertime, Summertime. Easy and I've known it for quite some time, so it's doing fine, too.

Strasthspey: Mac n' Irish. Still trying to hold the first note of every bar longer. Other tunes that need work before tryouts:

All the Bluebonnets Are Over the Border
Green Hills/Battle's O'er
Heights of Dargai

Five hours sleep per night is NOT enough.

No comments: