Friday, March 28, 2008

You can tell from the date that even yesterday it was spring.

We had a blizzard.
It's funny how a few months changes your attitude about snow. Back in November if it snowed, I was excited because it meant Thanksgiving and Christmas were just around the corner and everybody was going to come home for the holidays. Yesterday, although we need the moisture, I was not happy to see those puffy white flakes come floating down. Driving down. Sideways.

By the time I came home from work (albeit 15 hours after I went TO work), it was all melted and was sunny and early spring chill again.

In piping news, I got a Ross cannister moisture control system last night. The pieces. Dennis explained how to install it, asked me if I wanted to leave my (McCallum) pipes with him (at his McMaster factory) and have him install it (Ha!) and then said if I had any problems, call him. I may just have to call him. This installation will involve sticking a small octopus inside a larger octopus, where neither octopus is willing and cooperative, using hose clamps and radiator tape and other such stuff. Do I get a nurse to assist me? I wish I could find somebody else who had a couple of hours to help.
Think I'll go check out Andrew Lenz's website, Bagpipe Journeys (www.bagpipejourney.com). It always is plumb full of information. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: