Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I had a "gig" to play on St. Paddy's Day.

OK, it was at the local elementary school, so not a paying gig.

After the parade on Saturday, we all received STRICT instructions from the PM to take apart our pipes, including the drones, to let them dry out. This I did. (see previous entry) This presented a new problem when I was getting ready to go to the school: when put back together, the drones would be out of tune. Not a shadow of a doubt there. And no PM handy to get me in tune. Wah!! I didn't have a lot of time to mess around, so I got my tuner out and clipped it to the drones, one at a time, and got the little light to show green in the middle, instead of red to the left (flat) or red to the right (sharp). They sounded OK with the chanter, so I didn't have to mess with that, but I think the higher notes were flat. I couldn't get the chanter off, once applied, due to the PM's ministrations on Saturday, so I just left it.

I tuned my pipes!!! Sort of.

No comments: