Friday, November 2, 2007

The thing about working 10 hour days starting at 0330 is that at the end of YOUR day, you are ready to throw in the towel and go to bed, but everybody ELSE in the family is ready for the fun to start and they want you to keep on going for another 6 hours or so. I love my family and like to do fun things, so I keep going, too.

Yesterday was that sort of day. A hard day of computer problems at the "office", a bereft boy with a dead lizard at home, dinner and dishes and laundry and cleaning . . . and Lesson. I was so tired I had a hard time concentrating. Jason seemed to think we did well and had improved greatly, but I felt like I was running to catch up the whole time.

It was Lee's birthday, and he was even there, for a change. I got a cupcake but I forgot to eat it.

My plan for today is to take Angus up to Park City and practice while Daughter #3 is doing hippotherapy. I hope I can get some sleep in before then.

I'm supposed to work on the medley, specifically the Reel and Jig, and endurance. So I have to play the whole thing over and over several (hundred) times. I'd also like to get started on Item #2 on The List which is the competition at the end of this month, so I'll need to work on Captain Norman Orr-Ewing (a march) and Loch Rannoch (a slow march) for that.

No comments: