Saturday, November 24, 2007

I guess if you don't show up on a holiday for work, you get double penalties, since you get double pay if you DO work.

I got 4 points for my Thanksgiving Error. (5 means I can't apply for a better position in the company; 8 means I can't work from home anymore; 12 means I'm lookin' for a new job).

So IF i don't have any more issues such as this, 2 points will drop off on 22 Jan 2008, one will drop off on 22 Feb 2008, and one more will drop off on 22 March 2008. IF. Since this is my first one in over 2 years, I'm feeling positive.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's wife's parent's house on Thursday. We only had to make pies and cranberry waldorf salad. If you do the math, that means we have left-over pies and cranberry waldorf. Period. My husband just could not deal with no turkey sandwiches, turkey salad sandwiches, turkey a la king, turkey pot pies, turkey soup, and various other turkey meals that are traditional in our family in the days following Thanksgiving. He had a melt-down. Yesterday, he went to the store and bought potatoes, turkey, dressing, and every trimming he could think of, and we had another Thanksgiving, complete with tablecloth and candles. And left-over cranberry waldorf and pie. Now today we can start having all those turkey things he loves so much. I noted also that Daughter #1 had a sigh of relief at sight of the Second Thanksgiving Spread. Daughter #3 said, "What?!?", ate her helpings and went back upstairs without making any other comment.

No comments: