Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Small Son, now 10 years old, admitted to me last night that I did more work than he thought I did. I was flattered that he had paid attention, at first, until I asked him what work I did that he didn't know about before.

"You take all the teeth out from under our pillows and put dollars under there instead," he answered.

Hmmm.

"How did you discover this?" I asked.

It seems he was snooping around in my jewelry box and found my tiny drawstring bag holding all the teeth I have collected (or the dentist collected) from my children.

"Well, that's what you get for snooping," I said, "and eavesdropping is just as bad. You always find out something that you really didn't want to know."

He was worried that I was mad. I wasn't; just sad.

"So, you don't believe in the Hogfather anymore either, huh?" I asked.

He laughed and all was forgiven.

No comments: