Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Offensive

I took Small Son to his fencing lesson last night, and due to logistical contortions, we arrived about 25 minutes early. Luckily, I had my practice chanter with me. I pulled into the parking lot and parked in the shade of a van, rolled down the windows (it was actually hot!) and began to tootle Piper's Prayer in preparation for Memorial Day.

The lady in the van was killing time, too. She had a book and the kids were watching a movie in the back seats. As soon as I started tootling, she started her engine and backed up across the parking lot, parked again and pulled out her book.

Just to be (more) annoying, I stopped practicing.

My Repertoire for Memorial Day (hopefully):

1. Farewell to Camraw
2. Highland Cathedral
3. Lock Rannoch
4. Flowers of the Forest
5. Bells of Dunblane
6. Cearcil a Chuain
7. Skye Boat Song
8. Dream Angus
9. Piper's Prayer
10. Amazing Grace

No comments: