Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday 3 February 2009

We are going to Euope with our youngest two kids, Daughter #3 and Small Son.  We have several goals on this trip:  We want to expose them to another way of speaking, eating, paying for things, and living that is different from our way, but still a good way.  Just Different.  Handsome Husband wants to see Belleau Wood and Verdun, the sites of WWI and WWII battles.  SS wants to see a real castle (with ghosts, preferably), D#3 wants to see Paris (specifically Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Louvre); I want to see my friends in Beaune and also see the Louvre since I have been an artist for decades now, lived in France for a year and never seen it!  These next 10 entries w
ill be chronicling our trip.

This was Prep Day.  I was off work.  I collected last-minute things, organized, cleaned house, and generally worried about things.  Our flight to JFK was wide open, Daughter #2 got us to the airport in plenty of time, and we had only aisles and windows to choose from.  I tried to sleep, but it was just too uncomfortable.


No comments: